I’ve just returned from the Kansas City Romantic Time Convention and am getting reorganized. I’ll be posting some notes from our True Colors: Writing Diversity panel as well as pictures from the lovely events.
In the meantime, the annual Brenda Novak charity auction for diabetes research has begun. You can bid on a wonderful array of fabulous items that are writer, reader or just everyone oriented.
I have two items up for bid. Bidding is open now and ends May 31.
LINK: 50 page critique + follow-up meeting at RWA over drinks/coffee
LINK: Customized Cookies
I was so proud of my printed cookies that I made for Barbara Vey’s Reader Luncheon that I offered up a dozen for the auction. You can have any image printed on there: your book cover, your favorite hunk, or a cute photo of your cat. Sure, you can get these from a professional baker, but will they be made with the same Jeannie Lin love and mojo?
Happy Memorial Day to US visitors!
As the Brenda Novak auction nears a close, I wanted to put in a plug for the HUGE gift basket that the Ruby-Slippered Sisterhood has posted. For the last two months, the Ruby Sisters have been sending goodies from all over to me and I think it’s an absolute steal.
Ruby-Slippered Sisterhood Giftbasket of Goodies
What do you get?
– A partial critique from 3 Golden Heart ’09 finalists including moi – Cynthia Justlin (Suspense), Amanda Brice (YA), Jeannie Lin (Historical)
– Books from published sisters – Liz Talley, Addison Fox, Vivi Andrews, Kelly Fitzpatrick
– Snacks and goodies from all over the country. Pecan cake, hot sauce, Goo goo clusters, Moon Pies, chocolates, and more…
– Craft books at least worth $80 by themselves
– And more…much, much more!
I am sorely tempted to bid myself and keep all these goodies gathered in my living room, but that wouldn’t be fair at all. Come take a look. It’s for a good cause.