Jeannie Lin writes sweeping historical tales filled with romance and adventure. She blogs occasionally, usually on rambling reflections about culture, the writing process, her various inspirations, and an obsessive amount of historical research. To receive updates on her new releases, sign up for the newsletter which is sent out whenever she has a new book coming out.
For questions or comments, please use the Contact page. Jeannie loves receiving mail from readers.
- Gunpowder Alchemy, first in a new steampunk adventure series set during the Opium War era, is coming out November 18.
- A Dance with Danger — sequel to The Sword Dancer — is scheduled for release May 2015. Explore the colorful world of “Rebels and Lovers” as the incorrigible outlaw leader Bao Yang meets his match in a clever magistrate’s daughter. Fans of the The Sword Dancer will also be happy to see Thief-catcher Han and sword dancer Li Feng make an appearance. More information coming soon!
- “This Wedding is Doomed”, a contemporary romance collaboration between Amanda Berry, Stephanie Draven, Jeannie Lin, and Shawntelle Madison has sold to Penguin/Intermix and is slated for release in May 2015.
- Jeannie is happy to announce that The Lotus Palace is a USA TODAY Bestseller! The Lotus Palace also recently won the All About Romance annual poll for Best Historical Romance not set in the UK and has been nominated by Romantic Times for Best Historical Romance Adventure for 2013.
- Return to the Lotus Palace in the sequel, The Jade Temptress (3/3/2014), available for order: Amazon | B&N.
- RT Book Reviews gave The Jade Temptress 4 1/2 stars, calling it a “taut and original mystery set in the exotic world of the Pingkang li”. Library Journal praised The Jade Temptress as “Another compelling, memorable, well-researched tale; highly recommended.”