This is a great event with an amazing amount of online support and some great offerings — and all for a great cause. It starts up May 1 and goes until May 31. Last year I bid on a bunch of items, but came away empty handed. Maybe this year I’ll get lucky…
I’m also very proud to be donating several items:
1) Butterfly Swords fan pack – Last year during the Butterfly Swords launch celebration, I was giving away an annotated copy of Butterfly Swords. Think of it as the DVD commentary, but in book form. The winner, Desere, generously offered to donate it to the Brenda Novak auction since she hadn’t read Butterfly yet. Like me, she had diabetes in her family.
So for the one-of-a-kind annotated copy of Butterfly Swords, a special souvenir map of the Tang Dynasty (which I’m also creating with my little hands) and a pack of autographed romance trading cards, head over to the auction and start bidding!
2) The Sisters’ Critique – I’m quite happy about this. Little Sis has agreed to do a 30 page critique along with me. The winner will get two separate critiques from me and Little Sis. We both talk books and movies all the time, so I’m curious to see how we’ll both approach the same manuscript.
Aside from those personal reasons, I swear by Little Sis’ insight and feedback. I think she has a lot to offer any writer. I’ve also been giving workshops where I talk about making that last leap from “almost there” to getting read and getting published. In the workshops, I talk about “breaking good writing to make it better.” In honor of the Sisters’ Critique, I’m going to run a blog series next week about a specific example of one of my openings, how my sister critiqued it, and how I modified it. It’s a special peek into my writing process. I’m a little nervous about that, but I think it could be fun. Stay tuned starting next Monday! Oh yes, and bid!
1) Honorary Ruby-Slippered Sisterhood membership – You know you want to be a Ruby-Slippered Sister (or Brother). Here’s a fun chance to get 3 critiques and network with the RSS as well as be the first ever Honorary Ruby.
2) Kindle e-Reader with Ruby-Slippered Sisterhood releases
3) Set of Romance Trading Cards – (ITEM NO. 2170283 – 2170287) Over 300 cards in the set. Five sets available!
You must register to bid. Register now and be ready for next week.
Apr 27, 2011 @ 15:34:54
Hmm..I think I should win a prize for the number of times I used “great” in one sentence.