Thank you Friends and Fans for all your support! The Grand Prize giveaways have been announced.
Launch Celebration From September 1 – October 15
The official release date for Butterfly Swords is October 1, 2010! I’ve been touched by the enthusiasm people have shown for the book so I wanted to put some fun launch activities together in September and October.
Join in the launch activities and help spread the word. In return, you get positive karma and you’ll be entered in the prize drawing. Winners will be randomly drawn on September 15, October 1, and October 15.
All giveaways are open to both U.S. and international readers!
Grand Prize – A pair of steel butterfly swords*. The very same ones I used with my costume in the Dress For Historical Success workshop!
Grand Prize – A one-of-a-kind annotated version of Butterfly Swords with handwritten comments by moi. Think of it as the DVD commentary, book version. It will include discussion about story elements, reflections, how parts of the story evolved. Thought it might be fun to do.
Grand Prize – A color 8.5 x 11 print of Butterfly Swords by deviantArtist schumy330 (Cha Cha).
The three Grand Prizes will be drawn on October 15.
In addition to giveaways for Butterfly Swords and The Taming of Mei Lin, I will also be giving away a couple of other awesome titles with the same spirit of adventure and romance as my stories.
| Silver Phoenix
by Cindy Pon
by Stephanie Draven
& Dragon Sabre
by Jin Yong (Louis Cha)
October Book giveaways – Individual names will be drawn for: one of two autographed copies of Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin or a copy of the graphic novel of Heaven Sword & Heaven Sabre, vol. 1 by Jin Yong. Winners will be drawn October 1.
September Book giveaways – Individual names will be drawn for: a free digital download of “The Taming of Mei Lin” from eHarlequin, Cindy Pon’s Silver Phoenix, hardcover edition, or an autographed copy of Stephanie Draven’s debut from Harlequin Nocturne, Poisoned Kisses. Winners will be drawn on September 15.
Party favors – Official Butterfly Swords charms are going out to all newsletter subscribers. Sign up to receive the insider track on Butterfly Swords and receive a custom designed charm. Hint: I will be designing one of these for each of my books and supplies are limited. So collect them all. 😉 (NOTE: You must include mailing address to receive the souvenir charm)
Be a Part of the Launch Crew!
One entry for each activity. Your name stays in for the entire celebration. 🙂
1. Sign up to receive the monthly newsletter
If you’d like to sign up for the newsletter, use this link.
|Sign up for Jeannie’s Email Newsletter|
2. Blog or Tweet about Butterfly Swords – If blogging, comment here with a link to the blog page. The topic is up to you. 🙂 If tweeting use hashtag #butterflyswords
3. Online badge – Post the Butterfly Swords badge on your webpage or blog which links back to http://www.butterfly-swords.com.
4. Bookmarks & Postcards – I got this idea when a couple of friends from California asked to have some bookmarks to distribute to bookstores. If you’d like a stack to give to your friendly neighborhood bookseller or library or book fair, please comment and I’ll mail them to you ASAP.
5. Blog Tour Trivia Contest – I’ll be blogging all over the interwebs in September and October. Fill out the BINGO form for additional entries.
Banners for Websites and Blogs
Please link back to “http://www.butterfly-swords.com. HTML for links is coming soon!